Re: [IP] Doctor's kickbacks??

> Our ped endo actually had a relationship with the D rep and not MM.
> We wanted a MM pump and called MM ourselves and asked them to
> contact our Dr., which they did and we are now using MM.  Since MM
> has a bigger market share in the U.S. more docs may have working
> relationships with their reps

I suspect you may be right. From talking to reps from both companies,
it's pretty clear to me that once a doc develops a relationship with
a rep and is happy with the service, they don't want to devote the
time for another rep & product that duplicates the clinical outcome
for their patients. I think they (rightly so) perceive it as a waste
of their time. The flip side of that is the consumer does not get a
choice. This changes the "rightly so" equation above to one of a duty
to keep abreast of competitive products on the part of the doctor. It
does not change the clinical outcome, but does give his patient a
choice but at a cost to him that is unreimbursed. You can see the
obvious dilemma created given that point of view.