Re: [IP] Another Insurance question???

>  Now with the HMO they are
> telling me that I can't go through MINIMED directly that I have to
> order the supplies from a Durable Medical Equipment Company here in
> Sacramento. When I called on the phone today they couldn't even tell
> me if they carried MINIMED's products.  Has anyone else had this
> problem with BS-hmo-Ca.  I didn't think you could buy MINIMED's
> products from anyone except MINIMED.
> If anyone has any input regarding this I would really appreciate it.

Had that problem. Call and get BS and get a supervisor. Explain that
you need these supplies ASAP and that they are obligated to provide
you with a supplier that has them ON THE SHELF. Ask for a letter to
be FAXED that will facilitate authorization when you file a claim for
payment at the preferred rate.

If that does not work call the Medical Directors office for BS. If
you are in Calif, it's in San Francisco and the customer service rep
should be able to supply a number, otherwise look at your policy.