RE: [IP] Frozen Shoulder Therapy; the Quick Fix

That was probably me that you were thinking of...

I had adhesive capsulitis (aka frozen shoulder) a few years ago in my right
shoulder that was excruciating.  It got to the point where I couldn't sleep
properly, since rolling onto it would painfully wake me up, and then I
couldn't get back to sleep until the pain subsided.

I tried 6 weeks of PT, and that helped get me more range of motion, but
still no real help in the sleep department.  I finally went to see an
Orthopedic Surgeon (not an osteopath), and he performed a 10-minute
procedure on me called "manipulation under anaesthesia".  I believe Michael
mentioned this term in one of his posts just recently.

Basically the procedure is exactly what it sounds like.  The orthopedist
moves your shoulder through it's full range of motion (while you're under),
thereby tearing loose all of the adhesions.

After my procedure, I had my arm in a sling for a day and took lots of
ibuprofen.  The second day I started doing non-load-bearing exercises with
it (to prevent re-adherence).  After a week, my shoulder was almost as good
as new!  I haven't had any further trouble with it since then (more than 3
years ago).

As far as cost goes, I don't really know, since my insurance company covered
it.  I suspect it was probably less than the 6 weeks of daily PT I went
through, however!