In a message dated 11/8/99 1:13:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I have never done that to my body biut have always thought it was be easy
 loose weight that way.
 Never would think of doing it?
 ----------------------------------------------- >>
I experienced an episode of ketoacidosis a few years ago when my pump tubing
got a hole in it and the insulin was leaking out.  The first few hours I felt
like I was getting the flu-------couldn't eat------laid down and took a nap.
When I woke a little while later------I felt like I was on fire inside.  It
was awful-------told my husband I thought I was going to die, and to get me
to the ER immediately.   My blood sugar was not extremely high, only about
270, but I had large amounts of ketones in my urine.
In my opinion---------THIS IS A NOT A GOOD WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
In addition, my electrolytes were out of whack, which causes leg cramps, and
ultimately, with significant fluid loss you may experience stroke, and/or
organ shutdown.  You all figure it out--------is it work it to lose weight?
(Maybe if you want to be thin in your casket???)   Dianne