Re: [IP] Diabetic or Not?- Amenic?

In a message dated 11/7/99 9:17:55 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Right now I'm in an
 "identification struggle" of sorts with my mother's doctor over HER
 type...since according to him she is Type 2, he will not consider putting
 her on insulin...since her BG's have been really erratic & no amount of
 pills seem to have much effect, I've really been applying pressure to have
 her see someone who is more openminded about treatment options. >>

You know, this really makes me angry. It isn't the "type" of diabetes you
have, it's controlling it. That means by diet, by oral meds or by insulin.
About 40- to 50 percent of type 2s take insulin. Some of us even pump it.
Your mom's doc needs to be educated before his patients end up dying a slow
and painful death from complications that could have been prevented by having
them follow the treatment that controls their BGs.

Sorry. I'm just angry at incompetent, behind-the-times health care
practitioners. (I refuse to call them professionals.)