Re: [IP] Diabetic or Not?

email @ redacted wrote:

> I'm going to get a blood test for the thyroid.  If that's
> positive it'll be interesting to see if controlling it has any effect on
> insulin usage.  Anybody know anything about this?

Too much or too little thyroid hormone effects metabolism and so it can
affect insulin use.  My dawn phenomenon "disappeared" 3 months before
being diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism and "reappeared" 2 weeks after I
started on synthroid.  I don't remember the impact on total basal
insulin and it didn't affect my carb ratio.