From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of Eric Fields
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 1999 2:49 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] pump candidate

Hi Everyone,

I have just recently joined this site and am looking into purchasing an
insulin pump.  I have had diabetes since 10/12/96 and have done pretty well
with it.  My last HbA1C was 6.3.  I use NPH and Humalog and take 3
shots/day.  I have read a lot of stories about the pump drastically
improving a diabetic's blood sugars but most of the diabetics had a HbA1C
near 8.0.  I like the flexibility of the pump but am not looking forward to
the possiblility of ketoacidosis.  Is the pump beneficial for someone with
HbA1c's around 6.0.  Has there been cases where someone with around 6.0 for
a HbA1C has seen a lower HbA1C after going on the pump?