Re: [IP] pump candidate

In a message dated 11/7/99 2:33:50 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Has there been cases where someone with around 6.0 for

a HbA1C has seen a lower HbA1C after going on the pump?

My last 2 A1Cs before going on the pump were both 5.8 -- on the pump they
have been 4.9, 5.2 and 5.2.  But the real advantage has not been that small
decrease, but rather the decreased incidence of hypoglycemia (I still do get
it sometimes, but I can almost always figure out why, and have not had any I
couldn't handle myself as opposed to those 3 mornings in the prepump year
.....)  With the decrease in fluctuations, I feel so much better in general.

A silhouette can be capped when it is disconnected -- that should keep the
sand out.  People vary in how long they can be disconnected -- if you can't
go very long, you can always find a moment to reconnect and bolus the amount
you are missing in basals, or more probably some slightly reduced amount
because of the exercise.