Re: Teens & Pumps (was)Re: [IP] Pumping since 9/28- Thanks!!

In a message dated 11/07/1999 9:28:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I'm printing this out for my 16 yr old daughter to take to
 her Teen Support Group tonight.....So far, we've got 27 RSVPs!!!!...about
2/3
 of the teens coming are on pumps too!...I would love to be the proverbial
 "fly on the wall", but we parents are "personna non grata", so I'm escorting
 them to a local restaurant where we can talk about our kids, while they talk
 about US!! LOL...Seriously, I am THRILLED & can't imagine that any one of
 them will walk out of this initial session NOT feeling better about having
 met so many other teens grappling with the same issues! >>

I wish there was s teen support group here in the area I live in. ALthough my
son is now 20 (diagnosed at 19) I believe some of the reason he isn't on the
pump yet (even though we have it) is because there really is no support here
or I can't find it. I'm hoping with this new pediatric needle will work for
him and he is willing to try again next month when college has a break.
Thanks for all your support.

Annette,

How proud you must be of your Josh. Tell him congrats from me.

Penny