Re: [IP] Frozen shoulders & PT

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, James Stamas wrote:
> I'm new to this list and have been reading about "frozen shoulder".  Do only
> people with diabetes get it?
People with diabetes appear to be more prone to get it, but it they are
not the only ones.

> Could someone give me a description/symptoms.  My
> mom (who is not diabetic) has had severe shoulder pain lately.

Arm socket hurts, full range of motion is not possible, or not possible
without pain. Range of motion may become severly limited over time.
Sometimes resolves by itself or with a cortisone shot in the joint. Other
more severe cases require PT and or manipulation of the joint under
anesthesia to break away the tissue that is causing the problem.

Michael (who has had 2 fz sh's)