Re: Re: [IP] Chalk one up to stupidity (for Eric Goodman)

Hey Eric,

Your recounting of your experience with glucagon just shows that we are
all very different in how we react to things.  Each of our bodies is
different.  Last summer, I was having a devil of a time with riding the
roller coaster (before I went on the pump).  I had a number of serious
lows and my wife treated them with glucagon when I was too far gone for
oral treatment.  Fortunately for me, I had no nausea or vomiting.  In
fact, other than quickly getting my blood sugar back up, I did not have
any other reaction and I did not feel out of sorts at all.  Just lucky I
guess.  But now on the pump, I have had no times when glucagon was even
a consideration.  Blood sugar is quite stable and much more predictable.

I realize that glucagon may give some people bad reactions but if they
are unconscious or unable to eat anything, what is the alternative in
most cases?

By the way, are we long lost relatives?

Bob Goodman
San Francisco Bay Area