[IP] Frozen shoulders & PT

Dianne wrote:
I want to add that PT did help me too - but the results were short-lived [a
day or two], expensive and ultimately not worth the effort.

Dianne, I went through 4 or 5 physical therapists, all of whom did the wimpy
ice-pack/heat/wall exercises you describe until FINALLY I found one who put
his hands on me for an hour 3-4 times a week for 8 months until the pain was
totally gone and I have 98 percent range of motion. He is a rare PT, rare in
that he does very muscular, hands-on work -- excrutiatingly painful many
days, had me in tears, but I could tell I was making progress. I came to
trust him completely, and would highly recommend him to anyone in the metro
Detroit area.  (He was outside my HMO, too, but agreed to take the lowered
payment the HMO offered him. Amazing!)

To all suffering now from frozen shoulders: Hang in there! They can be