Re: [IP] on pump for 24 hours

In a message dated 11/5/99 7:44:47 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<<  I started on
the 507c yesterday and my Dr. told me that I would be running in the high
200's and that a low was pretty much not going to happen. Well in 24 hours I
have had 4 low sugars.  >>

I would think there are at least 3 possibilities:

1) your basal rates are set too high

2) you still have a lot of long-acting insulin on board

3) you are overbolusing for food

Your doctor is not giving you very good support.  Did you have a trainer who
could help?  You really can only approximate basal rates until the
long-acting insulin is all gone, but 4 lows in 24 hours is a bit much.  Are
they getting less frequent?

Linda Zottoli