[IP] docs

>Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 08:10:19 -0800 (PST)
>From: amy m <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] docs

>hi all--
> got a call from family doc today....i do not have a
>uti again, she's sorry i'm "falling between teh
>cracks" and switching endos will not help me in her

Sorry, isn't good enough -- you need an answer.
Doctors are so busy, if we don't politely insist upon
coming up with a solution. They will hang up the phone
and forget us. It is hard to buck the "system" but
sometimes we must to stay healthy. What about calling
her back and saying you want to switch endos and will
keep trying until you find a decent one. Don't quit
until you get an answer. They may get bent out of
shape. Just stay polite and be persistent

>today looked good, short day at school and then i was
300 with small ketones..boy i hate this. and i guess
she thinks all endos are the same or something or i
should just expect to be screwed....one day i will be
an endo and know the good docs...

I can tell from your posts, you are a very intelligent
individual. Don't wait until "one day" to get a good
endo. You deserve one now.

I went through three primary care physicans before I
found one to refer me to an endo. When I was diagnosed
30 years ago, my parents went to 3 endos before they
found one that could adjust my insulin. Hang in there
Amy you deserve better!

Andrea Seitz

Do You Yahoo!?