[IP] Hard Times

Oh Shiela-
My heart goes out to you both.  I'm 54 and got 'downsized' about 3 years ago
and given your medical situation I'd scrape together the nickles and dimes
and get a consult from a lawyer! (Sometimes the initial consultation is free
or very nominal [$50.]  As I'm sure you know, COBRA goes on for 18 months
after employment termination and you might want to research how to apply on
the Internet.  The sooner the better, so that there's no lapse.  When I got
a lawyer [my boss at first said he thought I was a medical hazard in the
work place as I had a few  hypos at work after starting on Humalog  - a
couple of doozies but NOT passing out, falling down or the like - the lawyer
was for filing a discrimination case - which I did, and then the folks at my
employer's got much more cooperative [and of course started to change their
tune about my diabetes and began saying I was incompetent.]  My lawyer told
me that companies frequently intentionally ignore the law as only one in 100
complains or gets a lawyer.

Glad you got supplies for awhile.  I have yet to return to work as about a
year after that job terminated, I discovered I had a brain tumor (and thank
God I had a few more months on COBRA0.  So no job and no insurance.
Boo!;-((  Keep in touch no matter what happens. The folks on this list have
literally kept me pumping for a year now and I have another year to go
before I'm eligible to apply for Medicare.  I've learned a lot of 'tricks'
of being technologically advanced with very, little money.   God bless.