[IP] husband lost job

I have been lurking alot lately but reading all the posts.  It has been
a difficult two weeks.  My husband was told the Fri. before last that he
had no job.  At first I was devastated yes about his lack of employment
but especially about the possibly of not being insured.  I am a social
worker and have given lots of help to clients in this area but when it
is me I become handicapped.  Anyhow the company promised to provide info
on COBRA but since then has refused to even talk directly with my
husband at all.  Is there a way to start the COBRA without their support
or provision of paperwork?  My husbands father died last year and the
will probated the week of the termination so at least I think we will be
able to pay for the premiums. I worry though, I hope employment is
around the corner but 50 year olds are wanted out there when they can
hire someone right out of college( hope no one takes that personally)  I
did go to the pharmacy the other day and was still able to purchase
insulin on my BC/BS.  I have 6 bottles now so maybe that will tide me
over for 3 months even if I can't get the COBRA.  I am also thankful
because when i contacted Secure Health ( they provide strips and pump
supplies)  I was told that they would send a six month supply instead of
the usual three.  It will only come about two weeks early.  I have met
my out of pocket for the year, so I hope I don't run into any problems
on this issue of supplies will then have about a 9-10 month supply of
supplies and about 2500 strips on hand.  Any special precautions on
storing the supplies as I usually don't keep such an excess. I JUST
DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO GIVE UP PUMPING!!!!  Just venting but all of you
guys remember us as times may be rough for a while.  JUst in case anyone
is wondering I do contact work for a Social Service agency, so there are
no benefits.  I may have to go back to the office if nothing pans out..
I was trying to stay home until my twins start school,  oh well it may
change sooner than I'd like.  Enough whining off to take care of the
household chores. Sheila