Re: [IP] Diabetic or Not?

I use more than most here, just looked at pump memory, its ranging from about
48 to 60 a day.  And I've been eating lots of bunny food trying to diet.
(With the exception of a little Halloween chocolate).

I've always had "higher than usual" basals, 1.1 is lowest; 1.6 in early am.
I was dx'd at 19 yrs old in 1980 with a 1600 bg (no that's not a typo).  Had
all the classic symptoms, just hadn't ever had a diabetic in the family or
knew anything about it.  Thought I had a REALLLLLY bad flu.  I am definately
type 1.

But since that time my two aunts (obese) have had type 2 diagnosed and use
massive amounts of insulin (300+units/day) and they are not in any kind of
control. My mom (deceased from cancer) and the same two aunts all have
thyroid disease. I'm going to get a blood test for the thyroid.  If that's
positive it'll be interesting to see if controlling it has any effect on
insulin usage.  Anybody know anything about this?  Or can a person be both
type 1 and type 2?  Like an insulin resistant type 1?