Re: [IP] priming after reconnection

At 06:49 PM 11/4/1999  Ruth Schneider wrote:
>so michael,
>if geneva goes to shower,  puts pump on 'suspend'...then reconnects...she
>should then prime 0.5 units?  I thought this prime was to fill the cannula
>when first doing insertion?

Instead of suspending, if you keep the pump going, it will maintain the
pressure in the tubing. In this case, you should not need to prime when
re-connecting. If you suspend, the pressure may drop, requiring a little
prime to push the insulin back out to the tip again.

Quite a number of us keep the pump going while showering.