Re: [IP] My Decision about this list

On  2 Nov 99 at 19:24, CARRIE VARGAS wrote:

>  Given the recent stuff that has taken place I have decided to not post
> any messages anymore.  Many of you have made it clear ('cept you
> LOIS!:-)  ) that because my daughter doe not yet have a pump, that I do
> not know anything, despite all that I have learned.

I'd hazard a guess that most of the negative feedback you've gotten is from
people who are taking themselves too seriously... and we all need to be
reminded about two things frequently (I get reminded almost daily by one of my

1.  Don't take yourself too seriously.  It's better to laugh while mopping up
the mess from the grape juice on the beige carpet than to scream... and if you
discover that the stain looks like a warped portrait of a cartoon character you
can also help those around you discover how to survive the little problems...

2. YMWV - a modified form of the acronym seen often on this list.  It means
"your milage will vary" and is among the univeral truths that we learn and
forget...  what works for you probably won't work for me... what works for me
probably won't work for you...  and I need to remember #1 so I don't come back
at you with "this stupid idea doesn't work" and so I can respond appropriately
when you come back to me with "your stupid idea didn't work"....

Randall P. Winchester
* misunderstood something.