Re: [IP] DiabetesWell Online Treatment Program

> Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 18:07:29 -0800 (PST)
> From: Andrea Seitz <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] DiabetesWell Online Treatment Program
> Has anyone signed up for Dr. Joe Prendergast's  DiabetesWell online
> program? I am considering it. My goal is to add a little bit more support
to my
>current health care situation.

I am very interested in opinions about this program. My interest was piqued
by the following statement from their website: "The goal of the DiabetesWell
program is to help stabilize your glucose levels to within the normal

This is what I have been looking to do but have not had any cooperation from
my doctor(s). My problem has always been that, despite all my diabetes
education and knowledge, despite my analytical and statistical bent, less
than 50% of my glucose levels are normal (70-120 pre-meal/100 is target,
80-160 post-meal), other glucose levels are almost evenly split between high
and low, and I average 1.3 hypo events (60 or less) a day. That's a recap of
the first 9 months of this year, but pretty typical month to month.

My doctors' take on this is that I have great averages and fantastic A1c
results, so just keep doing the same things. A new doctor is not currently
possible; no endos or otherwise qualified doctors are in this area.

MY goal is more normal glucose levels. I'm not trying for perfection, but
there has to be a way to do better than this.

So the plus side of this for me would be:
1. Expert diabetes care regardless of my location
2. They keep in touch with my Primary Care Physician (maybe he'll learn
3. Treatment goals more in line with my goals

Any opinions - positive or negative?
FYI - Cost is first 90 days free, $19.95/month after