Re: [IP] My Will

> While I don't plan on dying any time soon, I started thinking about what
> would become of Murgatroyd after my death -- and I thought, why not
> donate him to someone who might not be able to afford a pump otherwise?
> (Assuming he's in good working condition!)
> There are probably also perfectly healthy pumps out there residing in
> drawers because the owners decided they didn't want them, or got an
> upgrade, or whatever.
> Do you think we could set up an organization to do that? It would be
> easy enough  to send a pump in the mail -

I've been working for some time on setting up the necessary legal
mechanisms to provide re-cycled pumps for those who are insurance
indigent. It is all fairly complicated and the pumps must be
re-furbed before release to another party. The folks I've talked
to at both pump companies appear to be supportive of this plan, but
nothing formal has yet been done yet and there is still a bit of work
that needs to be done.

Insulin Pumpers will accept donations of used pumps and the current
valuation for a like replacement would be deductible from your tax
return (nice bennie). This last feature actually may exceed the
amount you'd have to pay for co-pay to the pump company if you did
not trade in your old pump.