[IP] priming after reconnection

Last night Matt had football practice and was disconnected from 6:8:30 with
good numbers.  Came home had a 13gm popcorn snack bolused according to what
he did the night before, which worked beautifully, he was 138 2h pp, anyhow 2
hrs pp he was 329, eating the same amount, same time at night.  When i hit
the pillow i realized i'd forgotten to do a 0.5 prime after reconnecting,
could this have caused the high bloodsugar?  Does anyone else prime 0.5 after
reconnecting.  I was advised to do this from pump trainer to get "air out".
My husband thinks its crazy, because it's giving him 0.5
insulin.............any advice please?