Re: [IP] Soft-set Ultimate Qr vs Silhouette

My daughter (age 8, dx 8/98) just started pumping this week (we had initial
training on Tuesday).  Her pump trainer recommends the silhouette's (she
uses them herself and has been pumping since 1980).  You don't need extra
tape and it is nice having the disconnect site right at the abdomen (no
tubing hangs down when disconnected).  I had to insert one into my own
abdomen so I would see how it feels.  Both my daughter and I felt it hurt "a
little bit", but nothing major (more pressure than pain).  I had other
people recommend using a numbing cream.  When I asked the trainer, she said
she doesn't have anyone using it because you have to wait about 30 minutes
for EMLA to work.  She did say if we wanted to use a numbing cream, to try
orajel vs EMLA, because it works faster (about 5 minutes).  My daughter may
try it the next time she changes her set just to see the difference.