RE: [IP] Diabetic or Not?

At the time of my diagnosis 25 years ago this month at age 19 years, I could
not take insulin. I was very underweight and I crashed every time I
injected. I was put on oral meds for 1 year, and at that time, my doc felt I
badly needed to gain weight, so put me on insulin.

Weight has become a different struggle since then. I often wonder what would
have happened if I'd just stayed on oral meds. I was doing fine with them.