[IP] Soft-set Ult. Qr vs Silhouette

Hi Richard ~ I started pumping  Feb. 99 also - and started out with the
Soft-sets.  Saying that I was 'chicken' to try the Silhouette is an
understatement:  Scared speechless was more like it. I tried many times to
insert a Sil - but just couldn't do it.    I got to a point with the
Soft-sets where I was just running out of sites - and I was dreading site
changes. I was timid to use the left side of my abdomen because I kept
hitting a vein or whatever and getting what we term as gushers, and I knew it
wouldn't be long until I wore out the welcome on the right side.  I had to
try the Sil.

I finally got up my nerve, inserted the Silhouette and I've never gone back
to the Soft-sets.  They have since released the Micro - and I admit I would
like to give it a try as I need the shorter cannula.   However,  I am really
happy with the Sil.  I like the fact that I can 'poke' around to find a
comfortable spot for insertion and I can get it in at a nice angle, and can
use the left side of my tummy with no problem.  In fact, I haven't had a
'gusher' since switching to the Sils.  I also have allergy problems with
tapes/adhesives and have not experienced one problem with the stick'um on the
 Sils.  I do use IV Prep, but do not use the ice trick or the Emla cream to
deaden the insertion area.

With using the Silhouettes you also have less stuff to carry around and worry
about, plus the packaging for the set is much smaller than the Soft-set
making it easier to tote a 'just in case' spare around with you.

I am so glad I finally got up the nerve and gave it a try.  If you decided to
do the same, look up the 'how to' directions here on theList.  Good
instructions.  Take care, Joanne Mc