Re: [IP] Chocolate the evil demon

In a message dated 11/3/99 8:58:19 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I agree the Halloween candy is driving me nuts.  I can't seem to stay out
 it.  My sugar have been all right because everytime I eat a piece I bolus
 myself.  How long have you been diabetic?  How many kids do you have?  My
 kids are 7 and 5.  My son is the oldest and then my daughter is 5.  I hope
 hear from you soon. I live in Colorado, where are you located?
 Teresa >>
Hi Teresa,
Welcome to the list!  I've been on it about 2 months now, and I'm really
enjoying it and learning a lot.  I think I ran into problems with the
chocolate because of the fat delaying it, and with me in denial about how
much I was eating.  Seem to under better control today, but it might
accidently slip into the trash!  But guess what, I've been dieting and
exercising religiously for a couple months and was stuck on a weight for
about a week prior to this candy episode.  I was 1.5 lbs lighter this
morning!   Maybe chocolate is the new wonder drug! (just kidding- but really
did lose it).  I have one 8 yr old daughter, who keeps me running, but today
she's home from school with a fever.  We've lived in Phoenix 11years, prior
to that we are from San Jose, CA.  I've been dm since age 19  dx'd 3/11/80;
pumping 4yrs with a MM506 and Velosulin.

Nice to meet you,