Re: [IP] Clicking Boluses and Softserters and Infusion Sets

In a message dated 11/2/99 6:53:59 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

No I don't think you can stop the clicking. It really isn't very noticable
when its inside of the case.  When I wear it out of the case and hear a click
every 6 minutes, it makes me feel all "warm and fuzzy" just knowing its doing
its job. I hardly ever notice it unless its really quiet.  I've never had
anybody ask what it was, even in the movies.
<< y Minimed came finally, yay! I start with saline next week.  I have
 a question for you all... is there a way to turn off the clicking during
 boluses?  It sounds like a motor thing that cant be changed but
 maybe someone here knows.   I dont think I'll care for that noise,
 although perhaps it can be useful at some point, in an instance
 when you make a mistake with a bolus and notice the clicking is
 longer/shorter than usual.  I can only imagine bolusing for popcorn
 at the movies and having people shushing me :) >>