Re: [IP] another Ebay problem

On 29 Oct 99 at 10:24, email @ redacted wrote:

> Yes, there will be problems because the pump is a controlled medical device.
> Remember the tracking forms you had to fill out when you received your pump so
> that it can be tracked to who owns it at all times? It is a government
> regulation. Scooter ----------------------------------------------------------

The tracking forms are more company policy instead of government regulations.
Both MiniMed and Disetronic want to be able to track their customers and the
equipment they manufacture for liability, reliability and upgrade sales
opportunities.   There is a requirement a pump only be sold on a doctor's
order, but in reality that only impacts the manufacturer/distributer supply
chain.  Once it gets into the individual consumer's hands there isn't much
control...  sort of a "gray market" area which includes things like used
computers and software too...

Any deal that's too good to be true probably is.  We shouldn't come down hard
on the people who have brought this issue up, because it is a legitimate
question.  Now if I could just find someone to purchase those three old
MediJectors that are sitting in the box in the closet...

Randall P. Winchester
* misunderstood something.