[IP] Theresa

<<Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 12:42:24 EST
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Finally figured out mornings

I'm not sure I understoon your basal rate.  It sounds to me like you need to
take your basal rate up in the am by .1 and test every hour for 3 days and
your still high take it up another .1 until your bolus should only have to
cover your meal?  Let me know I'm new at this.
pumping 3 weeks
diabetic 23 yrs
34 yrs old

Theresa, the method you describe is perfect when starting out - but some
notice patterns after time.  For example geneva and lily and several other
need a bolus/temporary basal when going to bed - you wouldn't want to
program that
in if your schedule varied tremendously.  Similarly it sounds as if this
woman notices
a rise, the timing of which is dependent on getting up.  So again, it's not
programmed in,
she just boluses when she awakes...

for now, don't think about those things ;)  They'll become apparent after
more time passes.
In my case, everything is programmed!