Re: Subject: [IP] Re: High Numbers Right After Going To Bed

> Michael Robinton helped me a bunch when Jenna was having those high
> evening numbers.  He called it "dusk phenomenon" - I'm not sure
> that's in any medical books, but it sure happened to us for a while.
>  For Jenna, it worked to just set up her basal rates from 8 pm till
> 11 pm.  Michael also has had a thread about using a bolus dose upon
> going to bed - I'll admit that I skimmed that thread, because it
> doesn't happen to Jenna any more - it disappeared as mysteriously as
> it came.  Michael, are you reading this?

I seem to only remember the technical aspects of how to measure and
correct for the phenomena, but not the WHY.Some time ago I recall you
explaining to me the underlying
> >physiology behind the phenomena of sharp bg rise when adolescents
> >go to sleep. this was happening to Lily and our solution was to
> >start a higher temp basal rate for an hour or so. Part(all?) \ of
> >the rise was due

I asked Dr. Joe (Lily's endo)
"Some time ago I recall you explaining to me the underlying
physiology behind the phenomena of sharp bg rise when adolescents go
to sleep. this was happening to Lily and our solution was to start a
higher temp basal rate for an hour or so at bed time."

 ...and he responded: