Re: [IP] Need professional contact re: Mixing Insulins

> She feels she needs the credibility to convince my
> endo to let the young lady try it...   (My CDE secretly admits that
> shes learned more from my IP friends (through me) than anywhere!!
> Can anyone provide me some professional contacts as soon as
> possible?

We do have a medical professional's mail list called "IP-Medpro".
maybe you can convince her to join.

In the mean time, she can probably chat with Lily's endo or certainly
drop him an e-mail. Dr. Joe is a member of the Insulin Pumpers
Medical Advisory Board and frequently answers technical questions
posed to the list. He usually responds quite quickly. I've included a
brief CV below.

J. Joseph Prendergast, MD <email @ redacted >
               Dr. Prendergast has been a practicing diabetologist for
               nearly 30 years and is Board Certified in Internal
               Medicine as well as Endocrinology and Metabolism. He
               has published 31 medical articles in well-known
               publications such as The Journal of the American
               Medical Association, The New England Journal of
               Medicine, and Diabetes Care. In 1986, Dr. Prendergast
               formed a single specialty endocrinology practice, and
               founded a non-profit research foundation. Both are
               currently active. He is the Medical Director for
               Diabetes Well, heading up the Diabetes Well - Wellness
               Program in Atherton, California.
               3301 El Camino Real, Suite 100
               Atherton, CA 94027 USA
               650 368-1411