Re: [IP] Re: Freedom with shots

I calculated carbs just as much, and I spent MORE mental energy
remembering when to take my shots.<<<<

I HATE remembering to give the shot!  and then later, trying to remember
if I did it or not!  Or even remembering how much I gave!!  It'll be
nice having the pump so I can just look in it's memory to see if I did
it or not!

>>>Docs who make this argument are talking through their hats -- based
ignorance, not knowledge -- and for this, they get PAID?????<<<<

I think I agree though with the doc who posted earlier about this...
some people wouldn't do well on pumps!  I can see the value of a doc
making sure the patient and the parents are willing to put in the effort
to learn and use the pump properly!  For instance, teenagers (or even 60
year old's)  in denial wouldn't be a good candidate for a pump!

I suppose there ought to be a happy medium somewhere, where the doc can
tell who REALLY wants it without having to put them through a bunch of
hoops (that last 1 1/2 years) and those who really wouldn't do well on
it!  Seems like a tough job!  Now that we can see the light at the end
of the tunnel, I suppose I really can't blame our doc for being so
cautious!  Our records from the doc in Fort Worth DID say I was
non-compliant.....  Hmmmm....  and that's ANOTHER topic... !!