Re: [IP] MM 508 Remote concerns

I think each remote & pump has a unique identifier code, that is used
when communicating remotely.  When you activate the remote ability, you
must enter part of your serial number from the remote unit, to make it
work.

Also, the remote will only work within a foot or two of the pump,
according to the manual for it.

I did speak with MM about their remote, and the security surrounding the
remote control radio links.  They did confirm it is some digital
communications going on between the pump & remote.  That assures me that
it WON'T be like the old garage door openers, that could be opened
by someone else,  or even interference!  I mention the interference
part, because I'm a ham radio operator, and my old parent's garage door
would open sometimes when I would transmitt!! :)  I wanted to make sure
the pump wasn't going to get false signals like the opener did!!!

FYI: the remote operates near 418 MHz.

Kevin

--
WB0DPN