Re: [IP] diabetic babysitters

   Not to worry...Melissa started babysitting at 10 1/2 with her older sister
& then "flew solo" at age 11 1/2. I always made sure the families knew, but
paradoxically, as we all know only too well, the average person doesn't
understand diabetes well-enough to even KNOW to be concerned!!! She only
recently (at almost 17) has cut way back on her sitting ( to the dismay of
many families who wanted her adopt her!), but it was never an issue & in
fact, she was probably the most reliable, responsible sitter they ever had!
For my own peace of  mind, we were often home when she was sitting "just in
case", but she always handled things fine.

Regards, Renee