Re: [IP] Sure could use some advice

In a message dated 11/2/99 11:28:05 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< But, my struggle is the carb counting.  Will this come natural after
 so long???  Is there anywhere I can read up more on how to do it???  Just
 looking for some "support" and "encouragment".  It will get better... Right?
Yes, it gets easier.  Carb counting comes natural, just as the exchanges did
after awhile of living with them.  One thing I've found is it really helps to
keep records of not just how many carbs were eaten, but exactly what the food
was. Like "Whopper Jr, no mayo or ketchup", instead of hamberger, 34 carbs.
I have found out that for foods I eat over and over I have memorized the
insulin needed (like 3.7 units for my Whopper Jr at lunch; different carb
ratio at dinner uses 4.5 units for that same Whopper Jr).  Also have found
that not all carb labels are correct.  Has anyone else seen this?  Carbs are
a good starting point, but testing and repetition has worked well for me.

Best of luck,
pumping 4 yrs, dm 19 yrs, 38 yrs old