Re: [IP] diabetic babysitters

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Ruth Schneider wrote:

> geneva is getting close to the age at which I will let her babysit.
> wondering if any DM 'ers out there were not allowed to babysit, or were told
> that it was too risky by a potential client as a young teen/pre-teen.
> just wondering if I should prepare geneva for some bad news.  she is really
> looking forward to earning money this way.
Lily baby sits (occasionally) and now drives a car, both of which would
fall under the "risky" catagory proposed above. Both have the same
rule..... control your bg's! If your daughter is responsible enough to
monitor her bg's and knows to call YOU or some designated person if she
has a problem, then she is responsible enough to baby sit. For Lily to
drive, she must test and be 100 - 150 before getting in the car and must
check hourly thereafter.