Re: [IP] The Dawn Phenomenon - slaying the beast

In a message dated 11/1/99 9:38:15 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Does anyone else have to increase their basals to such an
 extent to deal with D-P? >>
I don't increase mine quite that much, but do use quite a bit.  My daytime
basal is 1.1, 10pm to 3am is 1.0, then 3am to 10am is 1.5.  I also do 1 1/2
hrs of aerobics from 10:30 - 12 am, to get to lunch at a good place.
Otherwise I'd probably be pumping even more insulin in the am.  I use
Velosulin instead of Humalog, that's probably why the higher basals overall.

pumping 4 yrs, dm 19 yrs