[IP] Re: Long term without complications, Diabetic babysitters

Kathleen, I am also 29, T1 for 17 years--I have never been told that about
complications but it actually does give me a reason to smile.  I know I'll
never be free of the risk, but I have always believed that my risk of
complications would grow as I got older, so that's nice to hear...

Ruth, I started babysitting at age 10, and was diagnosed at age 12.  I still
babysat after being dx'd; I guess it was mostly for friends of my mom, but I
never had any problems and as people got to know me I got more "clients,"
haha.  Hopefully it will be similar for Geneva.