[IP] Long term without complications

Dale Scruggs <email @ redacted> wrote:

>Thus far, I've had none of the long term complications that diabetics suffer.

I've been Type 1 for almost thirty years and have also suffered no
complications yet.  I have no idea why I have been so fortunate but I do
have a question for others in the same position.  I have been told by three
different physicians (two internists and one endo) that the longer one goes
without complications the less likely one is to ever get them.  Has anyone
else ever been told anything like that?  Could there be any factual basis
for this or is it an old wives' tale of diabetology?

T1, 29 yrs, not pumping yet