From: RAE FRUTH <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: at a greater risk for
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:48:52 -0800 (PST)

 >>Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 07:28:02 PST
From: "dawn halverson" <email @ redacted>
Subject: re: [IP] protective cap and MM pump

<<We're at a greater risk for infection just by being
diabetic, plus the infusion set, so why take
chances. Good luck.>>

Just wondering,
I thought DM would increase risk for infection only if
neuropathy was present. Does having diabetes
automatically mean that your immune system is
compromised re: infection, healing bruises, etc. ?
Ryan has had D for 7 years, I have not noticed this to
be a problem...
Rae, Ryan's mom

=====