[IP] Re: testing at 3:00 a.m.

> From: Evelyn Lieberman <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] pump vs MDI
> I agree with all those statements about the pump and better control,
> etc.  I'm just here to tell you that your hubby might still not get a
> good night's sleep.  I get up at a minimum at 3 am to test.  I am sure a
> great majority of other pumpers do the same thing.

Nope, not this pumper!  I sometimes test if I wake in the night, and I'm
sometimes still UP at 3:00 a.m., but I don't wake myself up in the middle of the
night to test.  I forced myself to do it while making the transition to the pump,
but no more.  I think this is a very individual thing.  I'm 13+ years diabetic,
have never passed out from a low or been unable to treat myself, have always
awakened if I'm low while asleep, and generally don't sleep more than 6-7 hours
anyway.  If you feel more comfortable testing at 3:00 a.m., by all means do it.
But not everyone does or needs to.