Re: [IP] Re: Freedom with shots

In a message dated 11/1/1999 6:27:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< It took me from January to Memorial Day to get my bolus rate
 right on the pump, and only then from reading "Pumping Insulin".

I, like many, was not ready for the long months it took to get basals and
boluses correct.  Although my son NEVER wanted to go back to MDI (in fact,
now he wants to tighten his #s even further), I had many times of intense
frustration.  There are many trade-offs, but my son's choice was and is to
stay on the pump - although it requires more involvement on my part (he's at
that age where he wants less, not more involvement, from his mother).  I just
think people should not expect miracles right away and be prepared for the
time and some frustration getting things right - if people were prepared and
perhaps less likely to blame themselves, they might not think for a MINUTE
about giving it up.