Re: [IP] interesting E.R. experience

In a message dated 11/1/1999 12:27:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< The nurse was cleaning my cut
 without wearing any gloves! I didnt notice this til my husband asked her
 it. She said she wasn't really worried, but after I was stitched up and
 down I started to feel worried. I thought it was required protocol to wear
 gloves in this situation. Am I wrong? She I call the hospital about my
 concerns?.  >>

The nurse was absolutely out of line, IMHO, to not wear gloves - not only for
her own safety, but for yours too.  The hospital should definitely be called.