Re: [IP] pens and prefilled cartridges...

Jess,

I saw that Disetronic pen last week and it looked great. Never thought of
using it as a back-up. You gave me a great idea. Thanks.

From: Jessica Marder <email @ redacted>
To: Insulin pumpers <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] pens and prefilled cartridges...
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 17:41:55 -0500 (EST)

so D is putting out a pen injection device.... this is how they're going
to get around the fact that humulog is not approved for use in pumps...
the prefilled humulog cartridges are going to be put out for use in the
"pen" device... and if dr's perscribe them for use in pumps, then that's
not their problem... the handy thing is that the new "pen" will use the
same type of cartridges as the D pumps, which will make it a great back up
system for someone like me... i end up putting almost all of my insulin
into the cartridges leaving very little in the vial, but if my back-up
system doesn't require me to save the vial at all, and i can just pull the
cartridge out of my pump, if it malfunctions and use it in the "pen" i
will win big-time....

thought that folks might be interested (as there was a thread along these
lines a while back...)

-jess

--
Jessica Elena Marder