From: "Ruth Schneider" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] protective cap and MM pump
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 07:52:04 -0800

 > Are you talking about the little soft "stopper"?  I use mine all the
 > time....but in the end of the tubing that comes from the pump.  The end
of
 > her set is similar to the top of an insulin bottle....nothing can get in
 > unless you stick something in it .

so the tubing end that goes directly to the PUMP can get dirt inside?
geneva just tosses it in her purse/bag and we don't even think about dirt.
jees...aren't we dumb?

also..
the little plastic container that comes with a new infusion set box  (along
with the blue plastic clip for the old kind of tubing)...has a 1.0 ML
marking on the side of it.

could this be used for extra insulin BESIDES a storage place for the soft
plastic cap?  it is a tiny little plastic thing.  about and inch long.  with
a screw cap.  I never noticed it until yesterday.  it could conceivably hold
some humalog for emergencies.  without carrying around a glass vial.

ruth