[IP] MM508 & Daylight Savings Time - what's the deal?

So, can any of you 508 users fill us in on what's the real deal with the 508
and Daylight Savings Time?  Some of the postings seem to indicate that the
508 has a software error, apparently when trying to automatically adjust for

Also, if the 508 DOES (try to) automatically adjust for DST, this must mean
that it knows what timezone you're in, right?  Because some timezones don't
observe DST at all (like the one I'm in - Arizona).

As a programmer, it would gall me if MM programmers were boneheaded enough
to try to program in fully-automatic timezone support.  There are over a
hundred different timezones throughout the world, and some of them follow
_really_ bizarre rules.