Re: [IP] Re: Freedom with shots

At 08:46 AM 11/1/1999  Melissa Davis wrote:
>In a message dated 10/31/99 7:12:01 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
>
><<  My doctor also doesn't seem interested
>  in getting me on a pump.  As she says, "I've never had anyone ask to be
>on
>  the pump before. Most people would rather have the freedom that comes
>with
>  shots rather than being attached to a machine all the time."   >>

The translation of the doctor's statement is:
"I don't know anything about pumping and it would be too much trouble for
me to learn. So, lets just stick with what I already know, because it would
be a lot easier for me."

Your response should be:
"If you don't want to take the time to learn about new therapies that make
life better for your patients, then I'm going to find another doctor".

Sam