[IP] kidney function tests

I recently had some kidney function tests done. The creatine clearance(sp),
part came back with strange results. The last time the tests were done, my
clearance numbers were in the 90's, now they are down to 56. My kidney Dr. and
Endo say this is strange because the other parts, protein etc,. were not too
bad. I have been on an ace inhibitor for about 2 years now. Has anyone had
experience with anything like this and if so, can you you give me any
information? I am due to repeat the tests in the next couple of months. Also,
the Dr cut my captopril dose in half because my blood pressure was too low.
Will this effect the tests even more negatively next time? Thanks for any
info. Denise