Re: [IP] Medicaid

Bonnie RICHARDSON wrote:
> It has come to my attention that Medicare - that insurance after 65
> that Americans can get, does not pay for diabetic supplies.  I am
> panic stricken suddenly to realize that I only have 8 years to get
> some government action done so that I will not have a problem when my
> turn comes!  I plan to go to our web site and do whatever legislative
> action is recommended.   Maybe if we put the same energy in letter
> writing to change legislation, as we do to inform Ann Landers, we can
> get something done.   Anyway, any help would be appreciated.
> Bonnie

Actually, Medicare recently changed its regulations.  Diabetics using
insulin (whether Type 1 or 2) can get 100 strips every month, plus 100
lancets every month.  Type 2's NOT requiring insulin can get 100 strips
every 3 months.  This is woefully pitiful, but better than what they
WERE getting.

Hope this helps.

Mike Maturen