Re: [IP] basal rate question

Hi Laura --

> I have a question. I received my pump the other day and will be pumping on the
> 14th. I am a little concerned because my D-team is setting my basal rate at .6u per
> hr. I know this works out mathematically with what I am taking now but it seems

I'm on a Minimed 507C.  My basal rates are .6u H per hour between midnight and
7AM, and .8u H per hour between 7AM and midnight.  And I take boluses of about
6u H before meals, and sometimes lesser amounts before snacks.  These rates were
set by my pump rep from my MDI regimine set up by my doctor.

My BGs lately have been running < 100.  That's *great* for me.  BP ( "before
pumping" ), I used to run slightly < 300.

Have a *wonderful* rest-of-Monday.

John Huff, Dayton OH
( type 1, dx @ 18 months, now 61 yo, pumping since 9/30/98 )
mailto:email @ redacted